In this year, your big kids will learn to think on their own and be able to recognise letters of their name and count. They will become less self-centered and open themselves to the world around them. At the end of the year, they will be capable of writing their own name.
- learn writing through the use of visual arts. The goal is to acquire a fine gesture by learning to use scissors, folding, gluing etc.
- the focus is on the work of the wrist
- graphics exercises (drawing lines and curves)
Learning to count
- the start of maths. They learn to count to 10, 20 and even 30. The important thing is to understand the relative number and / or amount
- the importance to understand the link between numbers and quantities
- learning a lot though board games
- recognising written figures and or numbers and how to put them in the correct order
Getting use to the language
- stimulating their listening abilities by inviting them not to interrupt , singing nursery rhymes or reading stories without images, it familiarises them with the syllables
During discussions in class, the teacher asks the children to be more precise, to answer questions, to give their opinion and justify their answers.